Over the past two years, my family and I have had the extraordinary opportunity to travel more than we ever have. Each trip has been amazing. During each trip, I collected a list of random thoughts from each location. I am going to write up my observations of each destination.
This year Monica and I had the chance to take the kids to Disney World. It was a quick trip, three day taste of the sites and where we might want to spend more time in the future. The last time I was there the Epcot dome looked like the Death Star (it was still being built). This is just a few random observations I had over the trip.
- I hate roller coasters and many of the rides are roller coasters in disguise (but I made it through all of them).
- The ability to use FastPass to skip a few lines a day is necessary (IMO) if you have small children.
- The addition of the magic bands to allow you to pay and move through the park is phenomenal.
- Apple Pay works amazing in the park if you dont have wrist bands or do not want to charge things to your room.
- The accessibility within the park for those who need assistance is like nothing I have ever seen. So well done.
- Wifi thorughout the parks was very good – much better than standard hotel wifi you might find on a business trip
- Logistics to run the park must be on the scale of trying to host an Olympic event every single day
- Selfie sticks are a real thing and are everywhere. At one point during the trip there was an area with 50 or more in the air. It looked like some odd tribal group with spears in the air.
- The iPhone app was very handy for looking at how long the lines are for rides, finding snacks and navigating the park in general.
- I still hate roller coasters
- Comfy shoes are a must! We were in the park approximately 4-6 hours a day and we walked at least 8 miles (12.87k) a day.
- If you forget something you can rent it. (scooters, cameras, strollers, etc.)
- Transportations to the various parks was so well done.
- I manage many large projects at a time for work but I couldn’t have planned this trip with out the help of a travel agent (thanks Mary!) to help you book your trip, dinner reservations, fast pass rides. There are just so many little details to consider.
- Seeing people walking around eating these GIANT turkey legs was bizarre.
- The amount of land the parks occupies is crazy
- Many people go to the park really really late to shorten the wait in lines.
It was a great trip and I am so glad we did it.